Boost your career as Registered Data Protection Professional (RDPP) in EU-CHINA Data Protection
Significant business scenarios are in making while anticipating the long awaited entry into force of the Chinese Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL) of the People’s Republic of China. Sound, proper and compliant implementation of this groundbreaking legislation would need an ‘army’ of educated data protection professionals in the field of EU-CHINA data protection as any organization in China will be searching for ‘applicable expertise’ across many sectors such as Outsourcing, Banking, Insurance, E-Commerce, Telecom, Health, Pharma, Bio-Pharma, Life Sciences and many more.
Likewise, many non-Chinese companies doing business in China will be in need of an Chinese Data Protection Expertise, located in the Chinese Continent.
Future employers are faced with a myriad of privacy and data protection challenges. The Registered Certified Data Protection Professional (RDPP) is a much sought after professional positioned at the ‘center of operations’ of any organization or business who can decode the privacy and data protection rubric.
During this training program of twelve (12) consecutive courses you will be fully prepared by top experts in the field of privacy and data protection to take up any legal and operational challenge as a Registered Data Protection Professional registered in the European Register for Data Protection Protection Professionals (RDPP) based on a certificate of completion issued by Privacy Academy and validated by the Global Association of Data Protection Professionals (GADPPRO) along with a one-year free membership of GADPPRO (www.gadppro.org)
This training is especially interesting for
Where Chinese organisations have operations in the EU and local employees’ data is transferred back to headquarters in China, these organisations need to consider compliance with the GDPR. The magnitude of fines that can be imposed for violations of its provisions.
This training is especially interesting for the following audience:
- Lawyers active as internal of external advisor to Chinese companies in China
- Lawyers active as internal of external advisor to Chinese companies operating outside China
- Legal compliance officers with Chinese companies
- General Legal Counsels with Chinese companies
- Legal assistants with Chinese companies
- Law students in pursuance of a privacy career
- Non-legal students in pursuance of a privacy career
- Business Consultants rendering data protection management services to Chinese companies operating outside China
- Other interested in the topics GDPR related to Chinese Data Protection Law
GDPR Relevance for Chinese Companies
While Chinese companies have not yet received any fines from DPAs in the EU, after how Facebook monetised data was exposed in various incidents and in view of DPAs’ focus on GAFA (Google, Amazon, Facebook and Apple), Chinese companies are mindful about personal data protection, particularly where data subjects in the EU are under discussion. Where Chinese organisations have operations in the EU and local employees’ data is transferred back to headquarters in China, these organisations would also need to consider compliance with the GDPR.
The GDPR has been drawing the attention of various Chinese companies and the regulators since 2018 for the following reasons:
- Where Chinese organisations have operations in the EU and local employees’ data is transferred back to headquarters in China, these organisations need to consider compliance with the GDPR. The magnitude of fines that can be imposed for violations of its provisions.
- Its extra-territorial reach to organisations that are outside the EEA but collect and process personal data of data subjects in the EEA.
- It is seen by Chinese regulators as a good example of comprehensive legislation on personal data protection.
- The relevance of GDPR for EU-China Investment Agreements is an important part of EU Foreign Policy.
Included in this training
For your convenience the following publication is included in this training
After this full training as Certified Data Protection Professional you will be able to
- Present yourself as EIPACC certified and registered data protection professional to European companies
- Practice and apply best practices of privacy and data protection implementations
- Make a clear distinction between selected key concept in the GDPR as compared with PIPL
- Apply different GDPR principles of processing personal data
- Clarify basic management steps to become data protection compliant as per the GDPR
- Distinguish between technical and organizational implementation measure of obligations
- Apply the test of ‘appropriateness’ of data protection measures
- Decide on the most suitable way to transfer data from the EU to China
- Indicate which fines can be enforced by which EU data protection authorities
- Distinguish between 6 steps of a GDPR DPO Work Plan
- List the most important ways (mechanisms) for data controllers to become compliant
- Contribute to quality GDPR debates at work and in your personal life
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 week
- Language English
- Students 25
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes